E-Cigarette Summit 2016 will take place on the 17th November at the Royal Society in London.
The event is the 4th of its kind and was originally launched in November 2013 by EC Forum Ltd. The summit aims to “provide a platform to present and scrutinise the available science and evidence on electronic cigarettes with the aim to help inform public health and policy debates that were being held in the run up to the vote on the European Tobacco Products Directive”.
It also aims to examine the effects of long term e-cig use, the success and validity of e-cigs, discuss suggestions of vaping being a gateway and beyond.
Following Brexit, the status of the TPD is unclear, so this promises to be a very interesting and informative event where the vaping community will learn more about the consequences and benefits of the Leave vote.
The E-Cigarette Summit has listed the following as relevant to the event:
• Regulators and policy advisors
• Stop smoking services and smoking cessation practitioners
• Health providers, health charities and health campaigners
• Local authorities and environmental health
• Public health professionals and academics
• Scientific/research community
• Medical and health professionals
• E-cigarette industry stakeholders
Just some of the e-cigarette experts speaking at the E-Cigarette Summit include Dr Konstantinos Farsalinos, Ann McNeill and Professor Robert West.