How to clean vape coils?
How to clean vape coils?
Cleaning vape coils is an essential part of vape kit management. Whether you’re a beginner, intermediate, or advanced vaper, you need to be aware of the pitfalls of not cleaning your kit. Your coil is the most vital part of your kit. Without your coil, there would be no heating element and no vapour.
If you have just begun vaping, the signs that you need to clean your coil might not be apparent at first. High VG users will know that their e liquid of choice causes an immense build-up of coil gunk. Unfortunately, your vape device will be subject to residue build-up no matter which e cig liquid you choose. Stay ahead of the game when it comes to coil hygiene and read through our handy tips and tricks for cleaning vape coils.
How do I know when I should clean my coil?
If you’ve noticed a drastic change in the quality of your vape hit, it’s time to check your coil. As soon as you begin vaping, particles and other debris build up in your kit. They block the pathway that your e liquid takes to eventually become the vape hit you’ve come to love. Here are a few vital signs that you need to invest in a vape coil cleaning brush:
• You might notice residue on your coil inside the atomiser.
• You have to ‘pull’ more forcefully on your vape pen to experience the desired amount of vapour.
• Your vape pen is not performing at its optimal capacity.
How often should I clean my kit?
You should be cleaning vape coils every month or so. Of course, if you are a heavy vape user and rely on your vape kit for optimal performance several times throughout the day, you should be following our step-by-step cleaning process more regularly. Heavy vape users should be cleaning vape coils in their kits once a week.
How to clean a sub ohm vape coil?
There’s a slightly different method for cleaning replaceable coils and rebuildable coils. You will find these replaceable coils attached to clearomizers and sub ohm tanks. If the atomiser for these devices is covered in a dark substance, then you know it is time to clean your coil. Cleaning vape coils will increase their lifespan and avoid the burnt taste that comes with too much gunk build-up.
1. Soak - put your coil in a bowl of ethanol and allow it to soak for a few hours. If you are unable to source ethanol, use vodka or vinegar.
2. Clean - hold the coil underneath running water for a few minutes until all the ethanol has drained away.
3. Drying - to ensure that the water goes into the wicking holes, blow air into the coil.
4. Sit - allow the coil to sit until the water has evaporated completely.
How to clean a coil vape that is replaceable?
Before you begin cleaning these coils, you should hit the fire button to ensure that there is no e liquid left in your coil.
1. Hold the atomiser underneath running water.
2. Scrub the rebuildable coils with a cleaning tool. If you don’t have access to a cleaning tool, use a toothbrush.
3. Hold the coils underneath running water.
4. Dry burn the coils slightly in order to ensure that there is no more water in the coils.
Vape Coil Hygiene at myCigara
Here at myCigara, we champion vape kit hygiene. To ensure that your kit works at its optimal level, disassemble it, and clean each component regularly. As you can see from our article, cleaning vape coils with water is an acceptable alternative to using more expensive cleaning solutions, and there’s no need to have a long list of cleaning tools. Use household items to clean your coil and maintain your kit’s optimal performance.