Skip to content

Vapers Warned After Wrong E-Cig Charger Causes Fire

Fire crews were called to a house in Derbyshire on Thursday the 7th of April after an e-cigarette being charged with an incorrect charger ignited. Thankfully, no one was injured and the fire was out before firefighters arrived. However, the Derbyshire Fire and Rescue Service have issued safety advice to vapers. Paul Hawker, Prevention and Inclusion Group Manager, says the incident highlights the importance of handling e-cigarettes appropriately, as the popularity of vaping continues to rise. “I would urge anyone who uses an E-Cigarette to ensure they follow the manufacturer’s instructions in relation to charging their E-Cigarette and never to use a charger that wasn’t issued by the manufacturer.” The Derbyshire Fire and Rescue Service has advised people to regularly test their smoker alarms and never leave an e-cigarette charging overnight or unattended. They also stressed the importance of only using an e-cigarette provided by the manufacturer. You may have seen lots of reports of e-cigarettes exploding or catching fire around the world. E-cigarette batteries can be dangerous when not handled or charged properly. All of our e-cigarette kits with internal batteries include the correct charging cable to ensure safety. It is very important that if you purchase any e-cigarette from Cigara, you use the correct charger, follow instructions given with your manual and look after your e-cig. If you require any advice from Cigara about safely charging your vape kit, please do not hesitate to get in touch or visit one of our stores.
Previous article US University Study: Vaping Can Help Public Health

Your cart